Friday, September 24, 2010

favorite meals: oats, fruit & soy bowl

favorite meals: oat, fruit & soy bowl

Look at all this beatiful food. So much. So delicious. It's often breakfast, or my post-gym meal. And I like it cold. Also, a recent discovery: tupelo honey. It's hard to make out, but there's just a bit drizzled in the bowl.

I've never been a big honey girl, but then I heard an interview with Grace Pundyk, who wrote The Honey Trail. From the sound of it, she was inspired to write the book after her experience eating Yemini honey. She talked about the terroir of honey, and mentioned Tupelo honey (from norther Florida, harvested only briefly each year). It got me curious.

I bought some on a whim, and if it isn't the most floral, earthy honey I've ever tasted ...

Now I'm eager to explore as many kinds of honey as I can get my hands on (I'm also trying to convince Patrick that he'd make an excellent beekeeper).

oat, fruit & soy bowl, 5.5 points
quick oats (1 oz), 1.5 pts
wheat germ (1/4 oz), 0.5 pts
soy milk, plain or vanilla (4 oz), 1 pt
banana (2 oz), 1 pt
apple (4 oz), 0.5 pts
blueberries (1 1/3 oz), 0 pts
blackberries or raspberries (2 oz), 0 pts
honey (1/4 oz), 1 pt

favorite meals: oat, fruit & soy bowlfavorite meals: oat, fruit & soy bowl
favorite meals: oat, fruit & soy bowlfavorite meals: oat, fruit & soy bowl
favorite meals: oat, fruit & soy bowlfavorite meals: oat, fruit & soy bowl

2 comments:

  1. That looks ridiculously delicious (minus the bananas, I hate bananas...and thus it is my lot in life to feed them to my son and afterward pick them out of my hair and clothing for hours...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SOOOO GOOD!

    And I hated bananas when I was a kid. I have no idea when I started to get interested in them, but I still have the memory of that ick feeling. And you know what was always worse than bananas? Mushy bananas. Chewed bananas, even. I have this sad image of you, a look of absolute disgust on your face, daintily picking banana goop throughout the afternoon ...

    ReplyDelete